1. Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online.
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we will use information we collect about you;
- when we will or may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
The Trendsrealm.com is a Life and Social website.
3. What information will Trendsrealm.com collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text , we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Trendsrealm.com (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
If you request personalisation of Trendsrealm.com services we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example your twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and provide more effective personalisation. Some of our games/apps require you to sign-in via a third-party service such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, the Trendsrealm.com may receive extra information about you from the third-party. Please note that any information that is not required by the particular game/app you have opted to use, will be deleted by Trendsrealm.com immediately upon receipt (see section 7 below for details).
4. How will Trendsrealm.com use the information it collects about me?
The Trendsrealm.com will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- where we are offering personalised services, we may need to analyse the information you supply so that we can offer you a better personalisation service
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the Trendsrealm.com;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. The Trendsrealm.com may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
- Where the Trendsrealm.com proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will the Trendsrealm.com contact me?
The Trendsrealm.com may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that the Trendsrealm.com can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Trendsrealm.com products or services;
- in relation to the personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to the Trendsrealm.com;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the Trendsrealm.com services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The Trendsrealm.com will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will the Trendsrealm.com share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within the Trendsrealm.com. However, sometimes the Trendsrealm.com uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. The Trendsrealm.com requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the Trendsrealm.com requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
We may request that you sign-in via a third party service (e.g. Facebook) to participate in a game/use an app. In such instances you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask for your permission to allow your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, work/school history) to be provided to the Trendsrealm.com. Please note that when signing-in via a third party, the Trendsrealm.com may receive more information than is required to provide you with the service(s) you have requested. In such circumstances, the Trendsrealm.com will not share this additional information with any other party, and will delete it immediately upon receipt.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on Trendsrealm.com websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Trendsrealm.com websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Trendsrealm.com service, the Trendsrealm.com may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where the Trendsrealm.com reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the Trendsrealm.com may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the Trendsrealm.com. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. How long will the Trendsrealm.com keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the Trendsrealm.com. If you cancel your registration as a Trendsrealm.com website member and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while the Trendsrealm.com cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
What is a cookie?
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of that website.
If you are visiting the Trendsrealm.com website from outside the EU then you will be served the international version of the site.
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through the Trendsrealm.com website then you can find out how to do this in the following section.
How can I control cookies?
Web browser cookies
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Adobe Flash Player Cookies
The Adobe Flash Player, used to provide services such as iPlayer through web browsers or web-based games, is also capable of storing information on your device. However, these cookies cannot be controlled through your web browser. Some web browser manufacturers are developing solutions to allow you to control these through your browser, but at the present time, if you wish to restrict or block Flash Cookies, then you must do this on the Adobe website.
Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies.
A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT requests should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties.
Third party cookies
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as flickr and YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on a Trendsrealm.com website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. The Trendsrealm.com does not control the dissemination of these cookies and this tool will not block cookies from those websites. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
What is Behavioural Advertising?
Behavioural advertising, or interest-based advertising, gives you and our advertisers a more valuable and unique experience by delivering advertising and content that is more relevant to your interests, based upon your previous browsing activity on this website as well as third party sites. It is important to note that at no time do we or our service providers attempt to identify you individually nor do we create a profile of you, or the pages you have viewed, for the purposes of delivering advertising.
We may also allow advertisers to use their own marketing data to target advertising campaigns on this website and as a result you may see advertising based upon website content you have been viewing on another website. For example, a retailer might use information about the products you browsed on their website in order to tailor their advert to you on this website. This information is not shared with us and we do not share information with the advertiser about your browsing of our website.
The ads seen by users outside of the UK are served in association with our approved ad partners. The cookies accompanying the ads allow them and their advertisers to monitor the effectiveness of the ads (e.g. by using analytical cookies) and to make the ads more relevant to you based on your browsing behaviour (e.g. by using behavioural targeting cookies).
We are committed to following best practice in our use of online behavioural targeting technology and we at all times seek to comply with applicable legal and regulatory frameworks, such as that of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
If at any time you do not want information about your browsing behaviour to be used for the purposes of delivering advertising to you on this website, you can “opt out” using the tools provided by our ad partners below. Please note that you will continue to see adverts but they will not be tailored to your interests.
You may also opt-out from targeted advertising on this website more generally, or on other websites on the internet, by using one of the following advertising industry opt-out tools: